Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Telugu Velugu

Last week, I saw the sun spewing gold onto the earth's bosom. It was ethereal. This time round, I felt more inclined to express in my mother language.I will not claim any proficiency in it,however.
It felt new and refreshing writing in Telugu, after getting so used to thinking and writing in English. Using a multilingual word processor, means that some traditional letters could not be included.But like Vikram Seth once said, inspiration is rare, so despite all the underlying excuses, I am unashamedly putting it up for all to see.

నీరెన్డ నిగనిగలు ఎన్తటి అన్దమొ
ఆ హరినడిగి తెచ్చిన సిరి కానుకలేమొ
సాయన్కాలపు సుస్వరాలు ఏ పక్షీ పలుకులొ
లేక గోపభామలు పాడిన మొహన రాగమొ
పాప బోసి నవ్వు చూసి మురిసిన
అమ్మ కనుసన్దున కాన్తిలా
విరిసిన్ది గోధూలి వేల
ఈ రవి వర్ణపు వేడుక

No comments: